sexy pron 210-260 400-201 400-101 210-065 300-135 300-208 300-320 300-320 300-115 300-070 300-320 210-060 070-461 dumps 300-135 pron 210-065 dumps 200-125 400 Bad Request
400 Bad Request
Please forward this error screen to 109.203.124.146's WebMaster.

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand:

  • (none)/gshb6.txt (port 80)

What To Do With Mushrooms

Categories: Tags:

Also known as the meat from the ground, mushrooms are increasingly becoming popular due to their incredible health benefits, superb flavor and ease of use. For chefs, mushrooms have been used widely but for the home cook it can be a little daunting since there is a bad misinformation out there saying that they should be boiled.

 

That is just a culinary sin as mushrooms are already loaded with a lot of moisture and putting them in water just makes tem soggy and unimpressive, matters taste and flavor.

 

First things first, mushrooms are low in calories, contain no fat, cholesterol-free, gluten-free, and very low in sodium, yet they provide important nutrients, including selenium, potassium (8%), riboflavin, niacin and vitamin D, which is critical as we enter the cold months of the year where getting  enough sunlight to make our own vitamin D will be tough.

 

The best way to utilize these nutritional powerhouses is to sauté them and to serve them as a side dish either with meat or in a vegetarian menu, it goes well on a burger, making junk food slightly healthier, just a tip for those days you want to make a healthier homemade burger, a recipe for another day

 

 

INGREDIENT AMOUNT PRICE AT MBOGA MASTERS
Button Mushrooms 1 Cup 300/-  per pack
Garlic 1 Clove 20/- per piece
Red onion 1 small 120/- per kg (Approx 10/- each)
Celery 1 stalk 150/- per kg (Approx 100/- each)
Leeks 1 teaspoon chopped (only the white parts) 150/- per kg (Approx 10/- each)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 teapsoon N/A
Unsalted Butter ½ teaspoon N/A

*N/A = Not YET available at Mboga Masters

 

Method

  1. Heat a wide base frying pan and add the 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and ½ teaspoon unsalted butter
  2. Lay the mushrooms on cut side down and let them be, over medium-low heat. About 4 minutes then you flip and brown the other side.
  3. Immediately add the all of the aromatics and brown them together with the mushrooms, about 4 minutes n medium-low heat
  4. When the 4 minutes are over and everything has cooked nicely remove from the stove and cool
  5. Serve as a side to meats, beans, lentils or even on your homemade pizza to add that extra bit of nutrition.

Health Benefits of Watermelon & Great Ways to Consume

Categories: Tags:

Watermelon, a great way to refresh yourself in the heat. Did you know that it is about 90% water? And the other 10% nutrients that help you to keep fresh and energetic all day long. If you can JUICE IT, even better and it also works great in a SMOOTHIE. Watermelons are also awesome because they have very few calories yet so many vitamins (vitamins C, B1 & A), minerals (potassium, magnesium and calcium) antioxidants and fibre.

Oh, and EAT THE SEEDS too, they contain a lot of nutrition as well and can be dried, roasted on a pan or in the oven and consumed as a snack – they are loaded with protein and ‘good fats’ too so no need for using any cooking oil, just a little bit of natural Himalayan salt.

You could also dice the watermelon and freeze them using some skewers to make watermelon popsicles, there are so many endless possibilities with this nutrient dense fruit.

Here’s another idea, you can MAKE A SALAD using watermelon, which goes really well with mint, maybe a little crispy prosciutto, some red onion, dress it up with extra virgin olive oil and fresh lemon juice, serve with nyama choma, or anything grilled, the freshness works well with meats and also helps to digest it.

Another tip is to EAT PART OF THE RIND itself which also contains plenty of nutrition and fibre.